About the Course
This course will take your traditional map layouts to the next level and through this journey, you will practically learn the science and art of map design. You will also develop your map design skills with modern cartographic techniques.
In each unit of this course, you will design a different type of map to ensure that you have the necessary foundation to deal with other types. During your practice sessions, you will not only focus on designing a great layout, but you will also learn how to prepare the map layers, dataframes, and statistical figures that your map will reflect.
This course provides a theoretical background along with practical examples to ensure that you get the most out of this course. Moreover, you will face many challenges and exercises that will enrich your experience.
- Advanced Symbology
- Standard & Maplex Label Engines
- Statistical Map Design
- Topographic Map Design
- Video Map Production
One of the maps that you will design:
Users with basic experience in GIS and seeking to develop their map design skills.
- Basic GIS experience
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.8
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Add custom symbols and color ramps to ArcMap
- Apply advanced labeling strategies and techniques
- Enhance your layout with graphics
- Enrich your map stats with charts
- Match the design and colors with your business identity
- Generate contour lines from a refined DEM
- Interact and playback temporal data