Cooperation with GROHE Academy
- Specific objectives of the training program:
– Prepare engineers and technical personnel in the field of mechanical engineering to understand how to perform design work for sewage and water supply networks, as well as perform their design calculations.
– Provide trainees with comprehensive knowledge about each network, including sewage and water supply networks, their functioning, and the selection of suitable systems based on the nature and use of the location. Familiarize them with the design codes used in designing sewage and water supply networks, following global and local codes, as well as civil defense rules and fundamentals.
- General objective of the training program:
– Study the sanitary engineering of sewage and water supply processes, design and implementation, and prepare preventive maintenance schedules.
- Target audience for this course:
– Mechanical engineers, technicians, and individuals working in the field of sanitary systems for facilities.
- Course topics:
– Week 1:
– Cold water supply system:
- Plumbing and sanitary codes used.
- Plumbing fixtures.
- Water supply system types.
- Calculation of water supply tank volume.
- Hydro-pneumatic tank system.
- Calculation of pressure tank volume.
- Types of pipes and fittings used in water supply systems.
- Connecting plastic pipes together.
- Valves used in water supply systems.
- Designing a cold water supply system.
- Pump capacity calculation.
- Water hammer phenomenon.
- Testing the water supply pipes.
- Hot water supply systems:
- Calculation of storage tank capacity.
- Typical hot water temperatures required.
- Types of hot water feeding systems.
- Central heating system.
- Hot water circulation system.
- Sanitary drainage systems:
- Important terms.
- Sanitary drainage pipes.
- Installation methods for plastic sanitary drainage pipes.
- Slope of horizontal drainage pipes.
- Sizing of drainage pipes.
- Hydraulic jump.
- Inspection chambers – manholes.
- Slowdown chamber.
- Subsoil drainage system.
- Holding tanks and septic tanks.
- Storm drainage system:
- Determining vertical rainwater drainage pipe sizes.
- Determining horizontal rainwater drainage pipe sizes.
- Determining surface gutter sizes for rainwater drainage.
- Types of pipes used in storm drainage networks.
- Rainwater drainage methods for flat surfaces.
- Rainwater drainage methods for sloping surfaces.
- Catch basins for rainwater drainage.
- Rainwater drainage network.