Salient Features of the Course:
- Introduction to the design and structural analysis of different buildings.
- Explanation of how the structural system for the building works.
This is as follows:
– Explanation of the method of distributing the places of columns in the building when receiving the architectural plans from the architect and how to read and understand the architectural plans.
– Explanation of the modus operandi of the structural system of the meds on the ground floor of the building.
Explanation of the method of selecting and making the structural system of the slabs, i.e. determining the quality and thickness of the slabs that will be used in the building, whether it is a – solid concrete slab with fallen beams, Hordy slabs, flat slabs, panel beams, waffle slabs, precast…… etc.
– Explanation of the types of loads that concrete structures are exposed to and how to determine the value of those loads and the method of placing loads on all concrete elements in the building and how the loads are transferred from slabs, beams and columns to the foundations, according to the code.
– Then moving on to explain how to model those buildings as a three-dimensional space model in full detail within the program.
- Explanation of Safe & Etabs and how to enter the loads into those programs on the structure, then the design and structural analysis of the three-dimensional space model of the building, and how to analyze and output all the results of reinforcing all the concrete elements of the building such as the bases, pedestals, columns, beams and slabs.
- How to use the outputs of this (Safe & Etabs) program and translate them into complete structural plans for the building in AutoCAD, i.e. to produce complete structural plans for the building that include the different projections of columns, foundations, pedestals, ceilings, structural reinforcement tables, building construction sectors and typical structural detail panels.
- The course will benefit fellow engineers in how the structural design of buildings works and the production of all structural plans for buildings – that is, it will benefit the civil engineer in making a material profit from working in the structural design of buildings, making structural plans and achieving a personal financial return for him, or opening the way for engineers to work in engineering consultancy offices.
- Engineers benefit from a full education for the two (Safe & Etabs) programs.
- After the course, engineers who work in the field of supervision and implementation benefit from checking all construction plans handed over to them for the implementation of various projects and auditing them before starting work and ensuring the integrity of the structural design.