Water Gems Program
Water Gems: is one of the water network system analysis programs with the ability to draw, design and the high possibility of reviewing the results and producing the report for all elements of the network.
Water GEMS provides with a comprehensive and easy-to-use decision-support tool for water distribution networks.
For new water supply networks:
The software helps improve your knowledge of how infrastructure behaves as a system, how it reacts to operational strategies, and how it should grow as population and demands increase.
For existing water supply networks:
Water Gems Program helps in maintenance works for exiting water networks, as it can make a check on pipes diameter, velocity in the pipes, losses in the network and it can also check the pressures in the tie points.
Who can apply in the course:
- Civil engineering students (specializing in wet utilities networks design).
- Designers and operators who works in wet unities design sector.
- Over view about infrastructure networks and it’s design parameters.
- Data collection about study area.
- Estimate the total demand for water supply system by calculating water consumption for every capita.
- Estimate the fire demand for water supply system.
- Drawing the water supply network on AutoCAD.
- Importing the planning to water gems and Check the Drawing.
- adding ground levels, assign water demand, pump definition on water gems and reservoir data.
- Design the network based on steady state case.
- Design the network based on extended period state (EPS) case.
- Create Fire Flow Analysis scenario to Assess Extreme Conditions.
- Review The program Results (water paths, pipe diameters, head losses gradient, velocity) after every scenario.
- Draw network profiles and assign the locations of wash valves and air valves.
- Export the network from water gems to auto cad, insert pipes and junctions’ data and distribute wash valves & air valves and fire hydrants on designed water network