- Innovation in financial technology combined with novel business models is leading companies in the financial services industry — incumbents and recent entrants alike — to reassess their competitive advantages. Many of the existing “economic moats” built upon technology, data, and networks are unlikely to be sustained without informed, strategic adaptation.
- This intensive live online program will help you learn and adapt, providing actionable, strategic insights for decision making in the fast-changing financial services sector.
- This course answers all the above questions and many more. So if you are working in the digital payment or fintech domain or are new or planning to enter the domain, it will help you to understand the back end architecture of the electronic payment collection system.
- This course is suitable for .
- Global executives from traditional and challenger banks, credit unions, insurance and mortgage companies, and fintech firms
- Mid- to senior-level executives from central banks and regulatory agencies
- Decision makers and senior executives in the financial innovation space
- After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Gain a critical understanding of the economic forces shaping the industrial organization of financial services.
- Explore the sources of comparative advantage and who will be the likely winners and losers as Fintechs, Bigtechs, and incumbent banks increasingly compete for customers.
- Explore the interplay between big data, improved credit assessment, customer engagement, and the strength of your “economic moat” around profitability.
- Consider the benefits of big data and the practical and regulatory challenges of using black-box algorithms.
- Gain insight into the practical, regulatory, and political obstacles to the effective design of digital currencies and fast-payment systems.
- Debate the implications of the evolving regulatory landscape on the digitization of financial services.
The Main Topic of the Course
- FinTech – Digital Payment, Card and POS business
- MDR, MCC
- Processing Clearing Settlement
- Card scheme
- PCI DSS
- Card based transactions
- POS machine business
- FinTech Digital Banking, Digital Finance, Financial Technology.
- Have basic understanding of Financial services industry
- Interest and curiosity to learn Digital Payment (Card and POS Machine), AND Patience to Listen, Learn and Reflect on discussed points.
- Explore the growing competitive synergies between Fintechs and banks; and how to strengthen economic moats built on technology, data, and networks.
- Demystify the use of artificial intelligence and the challenges of using algorithmic “black boxes” in financial decision making; and delve into questions regarding fairness in banking and the democratization of funding.
- Analyze likely scenarios for the optimal industry structure as Fintechs, Bigtechs, and incumbent banks compete for market share; and characterize the ways that digitization may fundamentally reshape the governance of financial institutions.
- Look beyond the current structure of payments to digital currencies and increasingly fast payments; and explore tradeoffs in designing and regulating digital currencies and the implications for the global monetary system.
- Imagine the future state of financial services in a post-pandemic environment looking at issues relating to technology, identity, and sovereignty