The CCNP Routing and Switching certification is appropriate for those with at least one year of networking experience who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions. Those who achieve CCNP Routing and Switching have demonstrated the skills required in enterprise roles such as network engineer, support engineer, systems engineer or network technician. The routing and switching protocol knowledge from this certification will provide a lasting foundation as these skills are equally relevant in the physical networks of today and the virtualized network functions of tomorrow.
This course is designed for:
Network professionals, such as network engineers, network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel, and help desk technicians, who want to correctly implement routing-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features, where implementation of routing includes planning, configuration, and verification Any individual involved in implementation and verification of routing protocols in enterprise networks.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP that are used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks that are based on requirements
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multiprotocol network that uses Cisco IOS Software features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools that are needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS Software features to control the path
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE).
- Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH).
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT).
Valid CCNA certification or any CCIE Certification.