Start with SAP2000 and become able to build up 3D structural models for structural analysis and design. Master the process through hands-on computer workshop facilitated by professional engineer and learn how to verify and interpret the outputs correctly.
Indicative Course Contents
Overview of the computer software
- Object Based Graphical Interface. Coordinate systems.
- Material properties. Types elements. Joint constraints. Supports conditions. Loading and displacement. Types of analysis.
- Display and output.
- Capability and limitations of the software.
Analysis and design of simple structures
Idealization and modeling of structure for structural analysis. Loading, dead load, moving load, and lateral wind load. Perform static analysis and time history analysis. Interpretation of outputs: deflection, internal force distributions, mode of vibration, and frequency. Member selection and optimization.
- Civil Engineering students
- Engineers interested in structural programs
The objective of the course in to acquaint the students with the structural analysis using structural analysis program SAP 2000. And to analyze skeleton reinforced concrete/steel structures using SAP 2000 such as traditional buildings and to acquaint the students with the structural analysis using structural analysis program SAP 2000.
- Introduction to SAP 2000.
- Analysis of 2D Structures.
- Analysis of R.C. Structures.
- Analysis of steel structures.
- Analysis of Shallow foundations.
- Analysis of Flooring Systems.
- Analysis of Deep (pile) foundations.
- Examples on Analysis of traditional building.
- Analysis of flat slabs.
- Analysis of stairs.
- Analysis of raft foundations.
Students should have SAP2000 Software.
Students should be dedicated when taking this course.+++